This was a project that I specifically got for the experience of doing it. I don't actually have a spot for it. I'd never upholstered a headboard and wanted to try it out. I also was able to do some covered buttons for it too. Those were really fun and took about 3 seconds each.
I started by ripping off the existing fabric. Which totally gave me the willies. It felt like bed bugs were crawling all over me for the rest of the day. Then I painted the frame off white and distressed it.
I used some fabric I bought from the flea market in Texas and stapled it around the board that they already had cut to fit and drilled two "button" holes into the wood where I could sew the buttons on. If I was smart I would have drilled them before I put the fabric on... but I'm not.
You can buy button cover kits at Walmart for like $1 for 4. Tara was laughing at how thoroughly entertained I was because it was SO easy. Literally, a caveman could do it.
And here's the finished product. It was a fun one and only took me a couple hours. Most of that was waiting for the paint to dry so I could distress the wood.
Guess Who’s Going To Be On The New Trading Spaces!
21 hours ago