I've been working on the new nursery/ guest room/ craft storage room. It's the last room in the house so it's kind of a dumping ground for everything that doesn't have a spot.
My favorite thing in this room so far is the World Atlas pages from 1912 I put above the chair rail. They were almost disintegrating in my hands as I put the double sided tape on the backs. I was going to use glue but with how often I change my decorations I decided against it.
My husband and I bought this house new so all the walls were white and at my mercy. We had only been in the house for a little over a month when he left for this deployment so when he gets home, he'll have a new baby and hopefully a completely decorated house to come home to. He might even be more excited about the fact that he won't have to paint a single wall than the new baby.
Here is the frame from a little cabinet. It didn't fit the frame of the shelf and just looked awkward. I took the frame off, added some chicken wire and fabric and hung it on the wall next to the shelf it originally came with. I need to paint my bathroom but of course, can't decide on a color.
I have been wanting to do a ceiling tin backsplash for a while but lacked the motivation. I got the motivation and kept it until... oh... about half way through the project. Which always happens to me. But since I use my kitchen 17 times a day I had to finish in a timely matter.
I got the tin at Lowes and painted it off white. It looked a little too new for my taste so I slapped a little of my favorite stain (provincial) on it and... tada! I still need to add a little trim around the window and touch up a few spots, but this is pretty much it. I saw it on HGTV once and really like how it turned out. And since I have no idea how to tile I thought I'd try this. Nice reasoning, I know.
This was an easy fix for a boring mirror that I already had. I just widened the original frame with 1" x 3" pieces of wood and used a brad nailer to attach some ceiling tin I found on craigslist. I've seen mirrors like it at antique stores but could never find one for less than $600. Total cost for this project was $25.00 (for the tin and wood). Before After