Friday, March 19, 2010

Don't make fun.

I realize that putting a fireplace mantel on a wall with no fireplace can be argued as pointless. My husband lets me know all the time. But I LOVE the way a mantel looks and having a real fireplace in Arizona IS pointless. So I improvised.

I went to Goodwill and found a bunch of really awesome things to decorate my mantel with. Layla Palmer at The Lettered Cottage inspired me to redecorate on the cheap. She decorated her mantel and I fell in lust. So I copied her. I bought a bunch of pitchers and spray painted them white. She is SUCH a genius. I love her blog, you should go check it out.


  1. Nikki, you are amazing. Did you build the mantel? I am in awe.

  2. I love this mantel, one of my favorites in the Linky!

  3. I am new to your beautiful blog via Kimba's Soft Place to Land but will be returning! I love what you did. The mantel is stunning. Great use of the large clock and white.


  4. Hey, just loving your blog here! You are all so talented!
    I'd really love to have you do a guest post on my blog sometime and let my readers know about your coolness. If you'd be interested, let me know!