Friday, March 19, 2010

Don't make fun.

I realize that putting a fireplace mantel on a wall with no fireplace can be argued as pointless. My husband lets me know all the time. But I LOVE the way a mantel looks and having a real fireplace in Arizona IS pointless. So I improvised.

I went to Goodwill and found a bunch of really awesome things to decorate my mantel with. Layla Palmer at The Lettered Cottage inspired me to redecorate on the cheap. She decorated her mantel and I fell in lust. So I copied her. I bought a bunch of pitchers and spray painted them white. She is SUCH a genius. I love her blog, you should go check it out. www.theletteredcottage.net


6 comments:

  1. Nikki, you are amazing. Did you build the mantel? I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mantel, one of my favorites in the Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to your beautiful blog via Kimba's Soft Place to Land but will be returning! I love what you did. The mantel is stunning. Great use of the large clock and white.

    Deborah
    http://fairfieldhousenj.com/2010/04/03/flowerplace/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just loving your blog here! You are all so talented!
    I'd really love to have you do a guest post on my blog sometime and let my readers know about your coolness. If you'd be interested, let me know!

    Thanks,
    Andy
    www.poppiesatplay.blogspot.com

    poppyginger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete