Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shirring tape

Isn't shirring tape the greatest? I decided to try it out after reading on the design intervention blog how easy it was here. She is a master seamstress and has really detailed instructions on how to do cool projects...


It was probably the easiest project I've made. I love the balloon shades from the Simple Shabby Chic line and even though they're relatively inexpensive, my project was around $2 because I just had to buy the tape. I used a full-sized sheet I already had and sewed some ties on the top to hang on these little knobs. The panel has 4 pieces of tape sewn on the backs and I attached the knobs to the wall using double sided screws.

9 comments:

  1. Precious. I'll be sending you my window measurements...hint, hint!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your link is bad...is this the same thing you use to make working roman shades? If it is, I've used it too and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the same, but still very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, you're so lazy. Copy and paste it in your browser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there, you brats, i fixed it.

    sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara, that room is adorable.

    Did you use material or paper behind the old windows? I am wanting to make a headboard with one of my old windows and want to put material that matches my comforter where the windows are. Also, how did you attach it?

    Thanx, Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, it was my daughters room, not Tara's. I know our blog can be confusing :). I used material from hobby lobby and just stapled it onto the outside frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know what size the window was and what you cut the curtains down to?

    ReplyDelete