Friday, November 26, 2010

Home made Christmas presents

We have a policy of getting our kids 2 presents for Christmas. One from us and one from Santa. This is probably the last year I'll get away with making presents because my kids are all still pretty young. My 3 year old will probably be getting into leggos or something by next year and I don't think I can make those. So meet their Christmas presents. The boys are getting monster dolls. I made them out of scrap fabric and stuffing from a pillow I got at Goodwill.

And Paysen gets a cloth doll. I had extra fabric from some aprons I made family members for presents. I used craft paint mixed with fabric medium for the face so I can wash it and it's not hard. The clothes were going to be the death of me though. I'm sure I could have downloaded a pattern off etsy but I wanted to try and figure it out on my own. Thanks for the stubbornness Mom.

5 comments:

  1. The dolls are SO cute! You did such an amazing job! The monsters are way fun too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monster and the doll. I make some of my presents too. I made fairy dolls this year for my two nieces. I did them all by hand...my sewing skills on the machine stink. I do everything better by hand. Love that you only do 2 gifts for your kids. We do about 3...and I think it's too much. I want my kids to give to others instead of thinking of themselves. Way to go on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! I am all about handmade gifts and those dolls are just too cute! Would love for you to come link up to Made with Love Monday at Sew Chatty! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you could sell these. They are super cute. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to meet you Nikki! These are just adorable and I love your taste on the rest of your projects as well. Your furniture is stunning.

    ReplyDelete