Sunday, February 24, 2013

Limited time on etsy and a shelf

I recently purchased some cast iron brackets and salvaged wood to make a shelf. I wanted to change up my hallway to the great room so I installed a shelf made some new art.


It's one of my favorite quotes from Thomas S Monson. "Choose your Love, Love your Choice". I decided to make a limited number of them available to order on etsy. Each sign is hand painted and distressed by me. It takes quite a while but I love painting with "Veronica Mars" or "How I met Your Mother" on in the background.


I found inspiration from subway art at Restoration Hardware and went with it. Each sign is 24" long and 12" tall. Its framed in heavily distressed wood and is available in light brown, dark brown, or distressed black wood border.


I really like the shelf in the hallway. Its too small of a space to put any big furniture in so a shallow shelf is perfect. I'm in the process of making frames out of salvaged wood that will go on the right side instead of the clock but otherwise, it should stay this way for a while. Maybe. Probably. I give it a 1 in 10 chance it'll last through the month.


You can click on the button on the top right side of my blog to get to my etsy shop faster.



3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got mad shelf stylin' skills! It looks wonderful! I need to style the shelf in my laundry room and I think this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki what did you send? I havent gotten it yet but im excited to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have a shelf that I just installed over the window in our guest bath. Styling it has been a challenge! The signs are lovely as always :)

    ReplyDelete