Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dining table

Before


After


I got this round dining table from my sister, Tara. She had been using it as a work table in her studio and I wanted a smaller one for my kitchen. I painted it off white and sanded it down. I really wanted to find some clock chargers to set the table with but couldn't really find them. Plus, it would be just one more thing my kids could throw on the ground. So I used my sisters idea and just painted them directly on the table where I would have put the chargers. I used different sized tupperware lids to draw the circles on and used the clock above my mantle as the design. Then I used provincial stain all over the cream and spray painted lacquer on the top so I could wipe it easier. Yes it took forever. Yes my hand is still kinda cramping. But I think it was worth it don't you?
I painted the leaf as well but I still have to refinish 2 chairs and do a little sewing before I put it in. Come back to see the final product!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! Such a fresh and updated look.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and creative pint treatment. WTG! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! You did a great job. I'm dropping by from Faded Charm. I hope you'll come over to AtticMag to see my White Wednesday find (#1 on the list) We're having a giveaway - registration ends Sat 5pm EST, so hurry over.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I work in painted furniture and this has some sass. Nicely done.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it. Awesome idea too.. And that clock is catching my eye.

    ReplyDelete