Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm BAAAAAACK

Sorry for the absence, turns out you can't work on very many projects when you just had a c-section. I tried, but my family threatened to take away my birthday if I even got off the couch.

I actually did two projects last Saturday. My mom came down to help me clean out my garage and I built a little shelf for above my tv. If you don't park in the shade in Arizona during the summer, you risk burning your own fingerprints off on the steering wheel. And don't get me started on belt buckles the same temperature as lava. So now I can park in my garage. Thanks mom. And Tom for installing my garage door opener.

And this is the shelf. I wanted it to look more like an entertainment center instead of just a table. I used two big corbels painted black, attached it to a 1x8 and used L brackets to fasten it to the wall. I used one of my old black shutters for some visual interest and stuck 9 old canning jars with candles in them on the shelf.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baby! Love the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is what I call dedicated....working after your c-section. Be careful we will be here waiting for all the goodness that you share! the shelf ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super love love love the shelf! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete