Sunday, June 5, 2011

Restoration Hardware pillows

I was browsing the Restoration Hardware website and found some pillows that I love and wanted for my boys room. You can guess what happened next. I made my own version because I can't fork over $45 dollars a piece for these babies...



If you can't either, you're in luck. Because now that I made them myself they're on clearance at the website for $21.99. Figures. I still saved about $60.00 by making them though because I made 4. Here's my version...





I used 3 in my boys room and one in my master.



And here's how I did it.

1. Type up a font that you like and print it out. I used Agency FB in word.

2. Trace it onto a blank stencil with a pen.


3. Cut it out with an exact-o knife.

4. Trace it out onto the fabric with a pen.


5. Mix craft paint and fabric medium according to directions.

6. Paint in the lines. Let it dry and wash. Then it'll be ready to sew!


Man I love fabric medium. I use it all the time. I should buy it by the gallon.

Linking up to

3 comments:

  1. Awesome- but I think you need to invest in a silhouette. Seriously, they rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love the three beds all in a row with the perfect pillows.You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, so glad I found you today!
    d e n i s e

    ReplyDelete