Sunday, September 23, 2012

Burlap pumpkins

My friend Jamie and I went to Hobby Lobby in search of buttons for some fabric watch bands we were making. More on that later. But while we were perusing the shelves we saw this really cute burlap pumpkin.


Remembering that I bought some burlap grain sacks from the last junkrestore barn sale, Jamie and I decided to diy them instead. Isn't that how it usually goes? Go in to Hobby Lobby for supplies for one project, come out with supplies for three.



I love how they turned out though. And it took about 20 minutes for both. I didn't stitch them with brown embroidery thread because I loved the stripe in the grain sack and didn't want to distract from it. 


I really love the imperfections in the burlap. And the formality of the velvet leaves dresses it up perfectly. Now if I can just get my kids to stop playing soccer with them, I'll be in good shape!


I was obviously not the first one to do this project. You can find some great tutorials online. Here. Or here. Since I used left over material from sacks I already bought, this project only cost a few dollars for the velvet.

Happy Fall Yall!




3 comments:

  1. Love it! So simple and yet so fun!!

    Jen
    athomeinthenorthwestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...I love them!!! They look great!! In fact I am in love with your whole display!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you make the frame that you have above the table?

    ReplyDelete