Monday, November 12, 2012

Katie corner

Sometimes I tell my kids to go to Katie corner. This usually happens after one of them dumped out the shampoo I just bought all over the floor in the bathroom and the other one locked me in the chicken coop. I have to separate them during time out or they think of punishment as a mandatory party. One of the time out zones is right here....

The reason why I call this one Katie corner is because my best friend Katie Marie bought me those wreaths last year for Christmas. And the reclaimed frames are made from salvaged wood I got on our trip to Savannah this past year. And because when I go to get them from time out, I am reminded that somebody, somewhere, loves me even if my children aren't acting like it at that particular moment.



If you lust after these wreaths, Ballard Designs still have them for sale. You can find them here.

Thanks again for the present Katie, I don't know how you're going to top it this year. Oh, here's an idea! Just kidding. Kinda.

Also, if you think that my sweet, beautiful children couldn't be capable of such destruction, feast your eyes on what an entire box of Nesquick looks like after the kids find it's super secret hiding spot...


I love the heck out of these little turds.

8 comments:

  1. Katie's corner is adorable, but not as adorable as your chocolate covered munchkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I LOVE it! The wreaths and that picture! --from a mom of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! Someone somewhere loves you even when they act like they don't. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are darling. I love Katie corner. Lol The wreaths, frames and burlap are wonderful! Oh, and the bottle drying rack is fab. I got mine here and LOVE it!
    http://www.worldmarket.com/product/wire-3-tier-glass-drying-rack.do?page=6&from=fn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while! And totally something my kids would do!!!

    What a sweet friend to gift you those wreaths. They look beautiful in your little corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! just FYI World Market has a glass drying rack for $15 that is similar to the farmhousewares...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kates corner is a great place to take a breather! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's the prettiest time out corner ever! :)

    ReplyDelete