Monday, September 13, 2010

Remember my Texas trip?

I realized today that I never posted pictures of the fun things I bought when I was in Texas visiting my friend Katie. The flea market in Canton was everything I expected and more. A LOT more. So much more that it was overwhelming and tiring. There were SO many people and booths and stuff for sale. We were there two days, and like one of our readers said, we still didn't see everything. And I'm a fast shopper. Much unlike our mother who could spend an hour at the thrift store when us girls are done after 5 minutes.

Anyways, back to the junk. I honestly bought more than this even but I've forgotten what came from where so here's some of the things. Oh, I also bought some designer fabric that I used to upholster that cream colored headboard with. My friend Jaymie inherited it as a birthday/moving into a new house/yay, she's leaving! present. Just kiddin Jaymie!

We found these cool key holes and made necklaces out of them.

An accordion style mirror that attaches to the wall.(Funny story, it kinda swings if it's pulled out all the way and extends all the way into the shower. Which is convenient if I ever needed to shave my face. Anyways, I was taking a shower and one of my kids must have come in and pulled it out and when I turned around, the mirror was facing me and it scared the CRAP out of me)

And here's the sign I was waiting to get in the mail. I LOVED this and debated about buying it for 2 days because I knew it wouldn't fit in my luggage. I finally did when we were on our way out and decided I'll pay out the toe for shipping except it wasn't that bad. From Texas to Phoenix it was around $12.

I posted this clock before. And no, it's not exactly the same time as the last time I took a picture. Clocks around here are more decorative than functional. Which makes getting to church on time fun.

I got this fun wood crate. It took up most of my luggage space but I loved it. (Who am I kidding, I love all the stuff I got)

If you want to find locker basket for cheap, I recommend going to Canton. I got these to help organize my craft corner. It's still under construction, I'll post more pictures when I'm done.

I put this fun vintage reading poster in my boys room. It pretty much sums up their personalities.

If I lived in Texas, I would be in serious trouble. They had really cool antique iron beds, furniture, and other pieces that there's no way I could get home. Anyone up for a 16 hour road trip in a u-haul?

5 comments:

  1. That's a whole lotta yummy in one post! Man oh man...I'd like one of everything, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great stuff. I'm only a hop, skip and a jump from Canton (translation: 45 min.). Let me know the next time you head to Texas. There is also great shopping in nearby towns...like Winnie & Tulula's in Athens. What you need to plan now is a trip to Round Top/Warrenton in the spring!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heard so many great things about canton. i need to plan a trip there....soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm up for it, we just have to leave the kids behind! Seriously, next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I just love your blog. So much eye candy! I love that green dresser with the numbers on it. I've never heard of Canton, but may have to plan a u haul trip there!

    ReplyDelete