Saturday, October 15, 2011

Changes...

I've been thinking about revamping my blog for a while. I want to make it into a .com instead of .blogspot.com and change around the layout a little. My question to readers is this...

Is there anything that you would like to see on my blog? Do you want to be able to get e-mail notifications if I update? Does anyone even read this old thing? I would like to get input before I redesign the whole thing to make is as reader friendly as possible.

I know that my pictures could be better (send the hubs hints for Christmas, I could really use a nice camera instead of my point and shoot) and I'm also planning on tagging all my posts so you can just click on "kitchens" or "furniture" or whatever on the side bar. Anything else you think would be better? Are there any postings you would like to see more of?

Please be gentle ;)

I have tried to keep my blog very simple. I hate going to one of my favorite blogs and seeing they have switched to type pad (yes, I'm too lazy to click on the "read more" if the intro doesn't catch my eye). I hate reading an amazing post that's smaller than half the page because of all the sponsors and advertisements. And I'm getting super tired of pop up ads. Am I the only one who feels this way?

And lastly, does anyone know of a good web designer? I've been searching online but I would prefer to work with someone local that I can sit down with and handle this instead of doing everything via e-mail.

Thanks in advance for the help! And thanks for reading. Over and out.

9 comments:

  1. I read your blog! I love all the ideas and inspiration you post about! I kinda feel the same about the sponsor thing too! I will follow your blog, no matter what your address is, as long as I know ahead of time!! :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it too - and I so agree with you about clicking on the read more button!!! I also prefer google follow and google friend connect to email following, the email thing is overwhelming!!

    Let me know what camera you get (when you get one), I seriously need an upgrade too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you about the read more button! I read the blogs I follow in Google Reader, so it would be great if you could keep your blog so it works in that. As far as content, keep it the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well since you asked....I've been wishing for awhile that your photos were larger. I think you are so talented and I would love to be able to see the rooms better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As your brother and someone with little to no interest in all this girly crap, but just someone who likes to post offhand comments, I agree with "Loribeth". The chances I'm going to read your blog if it doesn't update on Google reader are slim to none. And by that I mean "none". I mean, I am occasionally surprised by something that I find interesting, but it will always be serendipitous. Post an entry about how to fillet a large trout without getting any intramuscular bones, and you have my readership forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your blog is your own work, your own creations. You don't grab pictures from the net and have "inspirational" post like so many other design blogs just to be posting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just noticed you on Better After. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well you are on my daily read list. personally easier is better dont care for the read more button usually just move on at that point.also i know there are those that make money off adds but not why i visit a blog i tune them out. for my b day i got a nikon d5000 at bestbuy my daughter got a nikon d3100 at costco . since there isnt a costco up here my best option was the d5000. she spent more [i got a smokin deal] but she also got 2 lenses. what i like about the nikon is that all the lenses have the same attachment. this is just the begining tho.my photography instructor likes canon . good luck

    ReplyDelete