Monday, November 16, 2009

Carley's desk

Before

I went over to my friend Carley's house and saw this desk in her bedroom. I immediately fell in love with it. Well, what it could be anyways. I love the little carving details in it. Her husband and I created an evil plan to make it pretty and loaded it up into the back of my car while she was gone. Turns out our evil plan didn't include a 4 year old eavesdropper who ruined it 5 minutes after she got home by saying "sister grandy took it!".
My bestie Katie and I refinished it in about 2 hours. Now I don't want to give it back. Sad.
After

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This turned out lovely!! beautifull lines. No wonder you want to keep it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! I'm sure she's loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those clock face knobs but actually think that some dark ones would have been really cute here, for some contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those knobs! Where did you find them?
    Lisa & Alfie

    ReplyDelete