Monday, November 30, 2009

Picket fence

Before

So I didn't have to do a darn thing to make this old picket fence I got off craigslist adorable. It might be against HOA policy, but it's well worth "accidentally" throwing away a warning letter if I get one. We also put in sod as a surprise for my husband. He is deployed and was home for 4 days of leave for thanksgiving. He actually drove by our house because he was so used to the dirt yard. I LOVE laying sod. It's so easy and looks SO good when it's done. I would do it again by myself in a heartbeat.


7 comments:

  1. I love the pickets! So glad I don't have an HOA. They are always stinkers for the cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard is beautiful and your home looks very welcoming!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picket fences and the yard looks awesome! I would have probably drove right by it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a transformation. I love the fence, that's exactly what I would love to find for my yard. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like a beautiful green carpet! I love the picket fence. I don't know why it would be against HOA as it's a decoration not a working fence. Hope you didn't get written up! lol

    ReplyDelete