Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wingback chairs

Before

I decided reupholstering is a LOT like childbirth. It sucks and is really hard. But then you have this beautiful thing to look at afterwards and you forget all about the pain and it makes you want to do it again. After my last chair with the no.1 on it, I swore it off for good. But then I found these beauts on craigslist for $10 for two of them. I should have walked away. But it was such a good deal and the chairs were in really good shape. So, like an idiot, I bought them, got some fabric, and called my sister Dawn in for reinforcements. I absolutely love how they turned out but I'm dreading finishing the other one. Everything's all ready for it, I just have to bite the bullet.
After

7 comments:

  1. that chair looked like it came out of the mother's lounge at church. bravo, by the way. i'm so sorry i wasn't there to help you. snort. it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slipcovering is also a pain, but everytime I swear I'll never do it again, I find myself in a trance buying furniture and fabric. Perhaps this is why I had 6 kids....hmmmm. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to scotch guard them. Will it make my fabric look weird? I've never done it before. Does it come in a spray? Will it leave spots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the re-do. I have a wingback that needs recovering. Re-upholstering 101 please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the shoe spray scotch gaurd in the shoe department. Won't leave spots, sprays on clear. I think they make it for hats too. Thanks for the fun weekend and getting me away from (most of) my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ixnay on the ooshay department. Scotch Guard comes in big cans in the hardware department for half the price. Not a bad idea with Pooters running around. If you're worried about spots or discoloration, test it out on a fabric sample first. I'm sure you have a brazilian scraps lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chairs turned out fabulous. I want them for my new house -- can we deal?

    Like Tara said, use the shoe spray, should work great. Sprays on clear.

    ReplyDelete