Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New springy mantle

It's been spring around these parts for a while now so I'm surprised it took me this long to change up my mantle. I wanted something pretty neutral and here's what I ended up with.


I grabbed these items from Goodwill along with a cute green wreath. Me and everyone else in the greater Phoenix area made a trip there on 1/2 off day a while back. Frankly, I'm surprised there was anything left to buy.



Here's what they look like after some paint and hot glue.



I really love apothecary jars. I have quite an assortment but I never really know what to put in them. Does anyone else have that problem?



My new wreath. My 3 year old used it as a shield during a sword fight in the back seat on the way home. It looked like someone spilled green and white nerds all over the place until I could vacuum it up. It didn't do too much damage though.


I printed out some fun spring sayings and put them in frames I got on clearance at Home Goods.



And one more just because.



Linking up to


10 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! I love all the clocks, what a great idea and a lovely way to display them too. I'll be your newest follower! -jen from icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantle looks gorgeous. I love all the clocks especially the ones piled in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me! Everything you touch turns into FREAKING FANTASTIC!!! I love love love your mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mantle! The clocks are simply an awesome collection... and the touches of white are perfect for spring.
    (I agree with you about the apothecary jars. I have a hard time know what fill them with. So, I recently got tired of filling them and just painted the insides of the vases.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through the linky parties and I'm now following. Love your mantel and the way you've accessorized it. I have a mantel leaning against my dining room wall- hoping to attach it some day. Come for a visit sometime!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lu-UV the clocks in the jar! Also love the random mantle. Wish I had one, or somewhere to put one of those for that matter. here is where I fall off the decorating train. I just have never been able to do the, change for the seasons kind of thing. Once I do a room, it stays that way a LONG time. But, I love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming over from better after. Your kitchen turned out amazing!!! I love how you knocked down that wall on top of the cabinets. I love your style throughout your whole house.

    Needless to say, I am your newest follower :)

    Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mantel and your clock collection! It is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your clock collection looks great up there! I love that you stuck some in the jar too. Looks very light and springy.

    ReplyDelete