Monday, January 2, 2012

Donnas living and dining room

Sorry I've been gone so long, but I have a good excuse! My client Donna contacted me around Thanksgiving to redo her living and dining room. Unfortunately this was the only before picture I had.


You get it though. Kinda mismatched, a little dorm room feeling. We liked the wall color but that was about it.

This was the first item I found for the room. It was my foundation for the rest of the room and helped me find my gorgeous window treatments. We needed something large in scale and this did the trick.


The room wasn't lacking natural light. In fact, it needed some nice thick, lined curtains so you can actually watch t.v. in the afternoon and I found them at Pottery Barn. They had all the colors I wanted to bring into the room and I love the floral for the lead fabric in the space. Since the rooms are so open I brought the window treatments into the dining and kitchen as well, but used mostly the blue and cream in the living room, and the yellow and green from them in the dining room.


Here's the cute little doggie bed fashioned from an old suitcase I made. I'm not sure if her dog even likes it but I sure do.


And a few of the pillows for the sofa. The union jack one is my favorite, but you probably guessed that.


I still need to decorate the wall with the flat screen tv, so that picture will have to wait for a later date...


The coffee table was purchased at a local favorite of mine, The Potato Barn. I love me some chipping paint.

On to the dining area.

The dining space is small and joined with the kitchen. We couldn't fit a very large table in there and with all the raging parties she throws, we decided benches would be the best fit for her and all her company.


Lucky for me, World Market had the best French farmhouse table that came with benches. I love the distressed wood and it fit perfectly in her tiny space. The twelve pane window is from one of my favorite vendors from the barn sale. She is my source for all kinds of architectural salvage.


Most of the accessories and dishes are from World Market. I pulled the amazing vintage yellow color from the curtains for the upholstered chairs at the heads of the table. I also purchased those from World Market.


I am almost finished with the kitchen. It got the biggest face lift of the two rooms with creamy paint and glaze, new lighting, bar stools and accessories. Stay tuned for those pics!


14 comments:

  1. Wow, I love all the casualness of this space. Loads of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking fabulous! I love the texture and the fabric and that coffee table is too cool as well, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the colors! You are amazingly talented, Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't get enough of the dining chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous rooms! I LOVE LOVE her dining room table and chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks like something straight out of a magazine. Although there are most definitely more than nine panes in that window. I guess math is not the interior designer's forte...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got me Colt. I failed math miserably. I guess I'm more of right brained kind of person. Plus I'm told I have a great personality so it makes up for my incompetency. Yes, I spell checked that word...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I just love this! Hmmm I'm working on a master bedroom makeover-I may have to email you about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that looks amazing and the bunbeds...to die for! You rock! My living room next? Coolio! Because this comment isnt going to publish right Ill just tell you who I am...Laura...Laura Smith thats me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get the rug in Living Room? Everything is just beautiful! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those curtains are perfect! And I love that clock! You're so fortunate to be able to do something you love for other people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is gorgeous!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete