Monday, May 9, 2011

Change of plans

So are you wondering what happened to the 8 projects in 8 weeks idea? Turns out things don't always happen according to plan. But in a good way. I was going to do 8 projects in 8 weeks to keep me sane while my husband was away for military training. Turns out he's not going. Not yet anyways. He can't leave for training until the next "fiscal" year because Arizona doesn't have any more money. I know, blows your mind that the government doesn't know how to budget huh?

But you won't find me crying. I am happy to have him around for at least a little longer. And he was here to move us into our new house! I'd also like to give a big shout out to everyone that helped us move. My husband was cracking up when some of the younger boys asked if a rusted piece of metal or old beat up wood went into the trash. He looked at me and just said to them "run for your lives!"

I'll still be doing tons around the house. I hate the paint on the walls so that'll be the first to go. But with the hubs still here, I'll just have to postpone the 8 projects until he has to leave again.

I'll leave you with a picture of the "poor man's sprinkler". My 3 year old rigged this up while we were bored waiting for the new house to close. Genius I tell ya.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, u are pure genius! i love looking at ur pictures and great ideas!! u have a great eye and know how to make junk look awesome... thanks for letting me stalk u! =)

    ReplyDelete