Sunday, January 9, 2011

Craft Corner


I wanted a craft room but since my house is all filled up with babies, I settled on a craft corner. I do most of my projects in the garage anyways. But for the ones I need to sew or hot glue, I designated a corner of my sons room just for me. I moved the bookcase and put it on the left side of the room.

The "wallpaper" around the top of the room is actually pages from a 1912 atlas I bought at an antique store in Chandler for $10. I used double sided sticky tape to put the up and then attached the chair rail. I bought a board at Home Depot in the cull bin, painted it white and used brackets I bought in the as is section of Ikea to hold it up. I wanted storage for my fabric that kids couldn't get into and scatter from here to hell. So I got these amazing old locker baskets from my trip to Canton, Tx. to hold all my fabric remnants.

I covered some cork board with more old maps to display pictures and drawings and directions for projects (like I ever use those :). I have no idea what the black storage thing is I used to put little things like thread and pins in. The only real clue was when I got it, it had cow crap and grain in it. It looks like it's attached to a belt so I'm guessing it was used to scoop up grain and distribute to cattle. I know, I know. Just call me Veronica Mars.

My Mom gave me this cool old chemistry set that she got from my Grandma. My kids have broken all the beakers except one so I decided to use it for my paintbrushes.

It's not a huge corner but it's all I need for now. In case you're wondering, yes I've had this room done for a while. And it's already different again. And I did this post specifically for...

7 comments:

  1. What a great place to be creative! You have inspired me to clean up my craft room.

    I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party

    Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I wish I had a better place for my crafting (and supplies)... maybe one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveley!!

    Come share this at my crafty mondays linky party!!!

    www.tootsiewootsie.blogspot.com

    I also have a $15 giveaway going on too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Especially your cow crap and grain thingamajig. I have been pining away for a real craft room, so thanks for helping me to realize that a corner will work fine, too.
    Christy
    www.11magnolialane.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was that a Veronica Mars reference in that first quote? This made me think "She has to get it installed first, her house isn't just all filled up with babies"

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I just say that you are one amazingly talented woman!! I wish you lived in Charleston! I would hire you in two seconds flat! Your work is just amazing and you have created the most beautiful home! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete