Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DAV chair

I bought this chair at the DAV thrift store in Prescott right before Christmas. I didn't take a picture of it before I painted the legs and arms white but here's a peek at what's under the slip cover.


What a beauty huh?


I used a drop cloth from Home Depot for the slip cover. Partly because it's cheap and thick and I was already there getting some other things. Wouldn't it be great if they had fabric? I'd never have to shop anywhere else!

I sold it to my friend Adele for her photography business. She can take it out to a field and let kids jump all over it for the pictures and then just wash the cover for the next shoot. Genius.

Linking up to
giveaways
Funky Junk Interiors

7 comments:

  1. Nice job on the chair. I've been seeing more and more of these drop cloths used in furniture recovering, I might just have to try it myself. Keep up the great work. I started following your blog a few weeks ago, how could I resist with all your beautiful postings and another small reason was ... my husband's sire name is GRANDY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the deal include the pillow? I MUST know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair looks great now! I would never have thought of using a drop cloth.

    I would love it if you linked this to my new link party.

    http://blessingsoverflowing.blogspot.com/2011/01/fix-it-up-friday-peel-stick-vinyl.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. its trift..... not thrift.
    lol, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ruffle and the pillow! What a lucky friend! I've been searching high and low for a chair like this to slipcover. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, the best part of this is not that it looks great, but in the details and my favorite detail is the piping used above the ruffle. I will be doing this project because of you.

    ReplyDelete