Friday, December 3, 2010

Cupcake charm

These cupcake charms have gotten out of control popular lately. My only beef with them is that if my 5 year old runs while she's wearing one, it might knock out her front teeth. Her two front teeth may be all she wants for Christmas NEXT year.

I'm not going to post a tutorial here, just a bunch of pictures. I'm pretty sure if my 5 year old can follow just the pictures, so can you.









Just follow the baking instructions on the package of clay but double the time because it's so thick. You can get the clay and the metal pin from Hobby Lobby or Joanns. I brushed a little elmers glue on the top and added some sparkles to look like sprinkles after it was baked. People charge $5-$8 for these at bead parties and the supplies were about $15 total. But we made 30 of them. What I'm going to do with 30 cupcake charms is beyond me!

4 comments:

  1. These are so sweet, how easy was that! Im going to get some of that clay and give this a go. Gosh so many ideas on blogs I am running fast out of time lol!Thanks for posting the photo tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your bedroom make-over featured on Cottage Instints and came to check it out. I have never been to your blog before and I ended up looking at every singlr post! I love your style!! I am your latest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute... maybe favors for a cupcake birthday party?

    ReplyDelete