Saturday, October 8, 2011

Babies are everywhere

I have so many friends who either just did, or are about to have babies. Must be something in the water. I think I'll drink Pepsi from now on...

Anywhooskis, I saw a small chalkboard at a gorgeous designer store in Mesa and decided it would make a fantastic baby shower gift.


I whipped this one out of some old molding and beadboard laying around in my garage. I thought that if I gave them a rocking gift that they would forgive me for not going to their actual shower.


I HATE baby showers. With the fire of a thousand suns. I don't want to guess the candy bar melted in a diaper that's supposed to look like poop. I don't want to drop potatoes from between my legs in bowls. Like that has ANYTHING to do with actual labor. I wish it were that easy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on baby showers with games. For our daughter and son in law's shower...(our first grandchild) we went co-ed...with a BBQ buffet, beer, iced tea, lemonade and a dessert buffet!

    Your gift is both adorable and thoughtful!

    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I'm so with you on those lame-o games... I especially hate the one where you have to suck the tiny plastic baby out of a piece of ice....it's creepy, and I'm always terrified that I'm going to end up swallowing the whole thing and choking to death.
    Anyways, your gift is adorable!!

    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete