Friday, August 3, 2012

Feature and starting a project

Kristen from the gorgeous blog 6th Street Design School is featuring my home today. Thanks Kristen! To see it, click here.

Also, today my husband and I embark on a journey of epic proportions. We are ripping out 1200 square feet of flooring and starting the grueling instillation of tile. I've never installed any tile excluding a simple back splash before. But I aint skeered.

I'll let you know the progress as it happens. Today we are removing the old flooring, then we'll take a 3 day break for our 8th wedding anniversary. Since our anniversary is usually always on the first weekend in August, this will be the first time he will actually be here this weekend to celebrate with me. He's always been gone for military training before. Just for kicks and giggles, here's a picture of us on our wedding day...


Hopefully we'll make it through this renovation to celebrate our 9th year ;)

4 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful home! WOW!!!!
    Where did you buy your slip covers? I am in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb was just a BABY! Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a beautiful picture... is that the Mesa temple in the background? Good luck on the flooring! My husband and I installed tile together before and enjoyed working together on that one (not all projects have been so mild!).

    ReplyDelete